Learning Goal: I’m working on a research & summaries project and need support to help me learn.
This research is based on a food called HOT BROWN SANDWICH then research the source of two of the ingredients in the meal, including where/how the ingredients come through the production and supply chain that bring it to you.
Into should look like this example “I decided to eat X meal, from X place.” “I will investigate the ways in which ingredients A and B are produced/supplied/grown/harvested/cooked, etc.”
Then just be really clear about the steps involved in growing/producing/supplying the ingredients to you. Once you do all that, eat the meal and write a reflection on how your knowledge affected your experience of it.
- Step 1: decide/plan the meal it can be any fast food like fries etc
- Step 2: choose 2 primary ingredients from the meal Potatoes and oil
- Step 3: research each ingredient—what is it, where does it come from, how is it grown/produced, by whom, what processes does it go through, how does it get to your plate, who does what to it along the way, etc.
- Step 4: provide in-depth ethical analysis of the above
- Step 5: prepare and eat the meal
- Step 6: reflect on what you have learned and how it has affected your experience of the meal
The format for writing up the lab is flexible—write it so that it is as clear and detailed as possible. Provide references for what you learn via research. Explain your analysis of the ethics by making use of what we learn in class and course readings. Organize the write-up so that it is accessible and readable for someone not in the class. Take time to consider how the application of knowledge affects your experience (what you know à who and how you are).
Length: 6 Pages