Learning Goal: I’m working on a writing multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Discussion/Response 4: Impressionism & Nationalism
- Choose one of the pieces from this unit’s listening.
- Pick one that stands out to you and briefly (1-2 sentences) explain why this particular piece “caught your ear.”
- What are the piece’s unique characteristics? BE SPECIFIC and use your textbook as your reference! This should be the main part of your mini-essay. This is not opinion – these are facts that you have researched.
- Cite your sources (Links to an external site.) – including your textbook. Points deducted for not citing references. You may use MLA format. (Links to an external site.)
- Response should be one-two paragraphs. Use full sentences, no abbreviations, and check your spelling for full credit.
|Pictures at an Exhibition: Baba Yaga (Links to an external site.)(conducted by: Dudamel)Composer: Modest Mussorgsky|
|The Moldau (Links to an external site.)Composer: Bedrich SmetanaA beautiful piece of program music – The Mouldau from My Country (Má Vlast).|
|Javanese gamelan: music and dance (Links to an external site.)|