Learning Goal: I’m working on a management writing question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Case Study Overview:
In conventional business and government megaprojects–such as hydroelectric dams, chemical-processing plants, or big-bang enterprise-resource-planning systems–the standard approach is to build something monolithic and customized. Such projects must be 100% complete before they can deliver benefits: Even when it’s 95% complete, a nuclear reactor is of no use. On the basis of 30 years of research and consulting on megaprojects, the author has found two factors that play a critical role in determining success or failure: replicable modularity in design and speed in iteration. The article examines those factors by looking at well-known megaprojects, successful ones, and cautionary tales.
Case Study Link:
Access Link: https://hbsp.harvard.edu/import/895796
Using the megaproject case study, answer the following:
Build and describe a complex model that can be used to manage the mega project described in the case study linked above. Your model should include the following:
- Overview of the process
- Pictorial design of the process
- Description of each phase
- Explanation as to why this process will work when managing mega projects.
- The assignment is to answer the question provided above in essay form.
- Where applicable, students can include diagrams if it will help provide a pictorial view of the solution.
- This is in narrative form and should be as thorough as possible.
- Bullet points should not be used.
- The paper should be at least 1.5 – 2 pages in length.
- Times New Roman 12-pt font, double-spaced, 1-inch margins
- Utilizing at least one outside scholarly or professional source related to project management. The textbook should also be utilized.
- Do not insert excess line spacing.
- APA formatting and citation should be used.