Learning Goal: I’m working on a literature question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Write in APA style. it is research, so your writing should be on it. Minimum words should be more than 600, introduction and three main ideas and conclusion. Introduction: background information about the topic + a thesis statement about the two main themes you will discuss in your body paragraphs;- Four body paragraphs presenting annotated
–Conclusion: Conclude the main points of the annotated bibliography, identify the research gap and state the purpose of your research proposal.
Step 1: Review APA 7 th Edition guidelines
Become familiar with the rules of how to write in APA style: in particular, pay attention
to general document guidelines (e.g., font, margins, and spacing).
According to APA, you will have:
• A separate title page
• Introduction (1 paragraph)
• Body (your annotated bibliography, each annotated bibliography should
be 125-150 words)
• Conclusion (1 paragraph)
• A separate references-page
Step 2: Choose a topic (argumentative) from the given list.
• Learning Styles
• Learning styles during Covid-19
Step 3: Select 4 most relevant journal articles from the folder in your moodle account
that you will review to support your research paper.
• Narrow your topic. As you review sources, you will quickly discover if
your topic is too broad. Narrow it down.
Step 4: Analyze the literature related to the issue you will write about.
Once you have selected the articles for your review, you need to analyze them and
organize them before you begin writing:
• Overview of the articles: Skim the articles to get an idea of the general
purpose and content of the article. Focus your reading on the abstract,
introduction and research design/methodology, and the conclusion of each
• Group the articles into categories/themes
• Write annotated bibliographies:
Your annotated bibliographies should provide information about the
• Research aim [focus of the research and/or research question/s]
• Methodology [Type of study (qualitative/quantitative/mixed methods),
population, sample, data collection tools]
• Major findings/results [state at least one major finding in relation to the
the focus of the study]
• Limitations of the research [You can find this information in Limitations
and Future Research sections of the research paper – Write at least one
• Reflection (Explain how this research article illuminates your topic or how
it will fit with your research).
Step 5: Organize the sources and write your Literature Review
You should have:
• Introduction: background information about the topic + a thesis statement
about the two main themes, you will discuss in your body paragraphs.
• Four body paragraphs presenting annotated
• Conclusion: Conclude the main points of the annotated bibliography, identify
the research gap and state the purpose of your research proposal.