Learning Goal: I’m working on a management writing question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Practical Connection Assignment
At UC, it is a priority that students are provided with strong educational programs and courses that allow them to be servant-leaders in their disciplines and communities, linking research with practice and knowledge with ethical decision-making. This assignment is a written assignment where students will demonstrate how this course research has connected and put into practice within their own careers.
- Provide a 500-word (or 2 pages double spaced) minimum reflection.
- Use of proper APA formatting and citations. It must be properly cited if supporting evidence from outside resources is used.
- Share a personal connection that identifies specific knowledge and theories from this course.
- Demonstrate a connection to your current work environment. If you are not employed, demonstrate a connection to your desired work environment.
- You should NOT provide an overview of the assignments assigned in the course. The assignment asks that you reflect on how the knowledge and skills obtained through meeting course objectives were applied or could be applied in the workplace.
- The first paragraph covers the possible areas where the project management skills can be
applied. This also includes the author’s possible field of application for the project. He mentions
- The following paragraph talks about the first step in any project- mapping. This is where
the problems are outlined so possible solutions can be found. This is where the significant
tasks, scope, and resources are defined. Work breaks down structures are included.
- The second step is to get the project going. This is where team members are gathered,
budgets are drawn, and schedules are created. They have to be very realistic and achievable
otherwise, resources will be wasted.
- The project is executed in this phase. Activities in this stage include monitoring and
controlling processes and budgets. The reports are very important also. After this stage, the
project is closed.