Learning Goal: I’m working on a management discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Chapter. 13 Progress and Performance Measurement and Evaluation
Chapter. 14 Project Closure
Chapter. 15 Agile Project Management
Chapter. 16 International Projects
Initial Postings: Read and reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Then post what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding in each assigned textbook chapter.Your initial post should be based upon the assigned reading for the week, so the textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Other sources are not required but feel free to use them if they aid in your discussion.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- Why is it important for project managers to resist changes to the project baseline? Under what conditions would a project manager make changes to a baseline? When would a project manager not allow changes to a baseline?
- Imagine you are conducting a review of the International Space Station project. Research press coverage and the Internet to collect information on the current status of the project. What are the successes and failures to date? What forecasts would you make about the completion of the project, and why? What recommendations would you make to top management of the program, and why?
- Use an Internet search engine to find the most recent International Corruptions Perceptions Index (CPI) released by the Berlin-based organization Transparency International.
- Check your predictions with the Index.
- How well did you do? What countries surprised you? Why?
[Your post must be substantive and demonstrate insight gained from the course material. Postings must be in the student’s own words – do not provide quotes!]
[Your initial post should be at least 450+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced). Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread, then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review]
Concepts, methods and terms in Progress and Performance Measurement and Evaluation, Project Closure, Agile Project Management, and International Projects: advantages and disadvantages.
Question 1: Issues regarding change implementation in the project baseline
Question 2: success and failure factors in the International Space Station project
Question 3: statistics and facts regarding International Corruptions Perceptions Index