Learning Goal: I’m working on a writing discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Discuss in 500 words your opinion on whether Edward Snowden is a hero or a criminal. You might consider the First Amendment and/or the public’s right to know as well as national security concerns.
Use at least three sources. Use the Research Databases available from the Danforth Library, not Google. Include at least 3 quotes from your sources, enclosing the copied words in quotation marks and citing in-line by reference to your reference list. Example: “words you copied” (citation). These quotes should be one full sentence, not altered or paraphrased. Cite your sources using APA format. Use the quotes in your paragraphs. Do Not Doublespace.
Copying without attribution or using spinbot or other word substitution software will result in a grade of 0.
Write in essay format, not in bulleted, numbered, or another list format.
Length: 2 Page
- First Amendment provides freedom of expression, which Snowden exercised
- Snowden acted in the goodwill of the citizens
- The citizens have a right to know which outs of Snowden is on the right side of the law.
- Lastly, national security should protect citizens from threats and not impose one.
- Overly, Snowden is a hero given the provision of the first amendment, the right to know, and protection by national security.